By requesting a brochure your email will be added to
our social media topic database, you can simply unsubscribe at anytime
Facing and overcoming the
internal and external issues of commercial social media
The threats and legal issues in social media
One-day connected forum and two workshops
13-14 June 2013, Parkroyal Darling Harbour, Sydney
$995 plus gst to attend the forum
Social media is a vital business tool that complements marketing, advertising and recruitment. It provides greater competitive advantage if used correctly to maintain successful personal and business relations.
For many organisation though, social media is still an unknown territory, and as it accelerates in both personal and commercial use, a myriad of new legal issues and other risks start to arise. Legal issues associated with improper content use, infringement, defamation and privacy, as well as risk of developing a negative brand reputation, deters many organisations from fully utilising social media as a competitive advantage.
This one day forum gives you the opportunity to identify the risks and learn how to minimise and address the issues in social media that could be potentially hazardous to your business.
Hear case studies and expert commentaries on:
- Understanding the legal issues and potential risks associated with Social media use
- Recognising the threats to brand and reputation
- Knowing the legal obligations and laws impacting social media use
- Minimising risks through clear governance, guidelines and policies
- Up skilling employees to use social media safely at work
- Responding to negative comments and minimising external threats
Participating forum leaders:
University of Canberra
Interactive Advertising Bureau Australia
Rural Fire Service
e.Law International Pty Ltd